The NDGA collects two types of information from users of the Services: (1) information that can be used to specifically
identify or contact an individual (“Personal Information”) and (2) non-personal information collected automatically, for example,
as you interact with our Services that cannot, in itself, be used to specifically identify or contact an individual (“Non-Personal Information”).
. We receive and store any personal information you provide to us through our Site or give us in any other way, such as when you register an Account through our Site, request information, products or services from us through the Site, complete a survey on the Site, or communicate with us via email through the Site or an email provider. This personal information that we gather from you may include, without limitation:
- Contact Information (e.g. your/third party name(s), address, telephone number, email);
- Password or other login credentials (selected by you) to create and access your accounts on the Services;
- Professional credentials;
- Username & password;
- Age, gender and other demographic information;
- Health information (for example, if you submit a request through the Services to use a golf cart at a NDGA championship);
- Golf background, such as whether you are an amateur or a professional, the name and address of your golf club, and your USGA Handicap Index;
- Information about your interests in and use of various products, programs and services;
- Financial information such as credit card number
The above are only examples of the types of Personal Information we may collect. The actual types of Personal Information collected depend on the specific product or service you request, the types of transactions you conduct on the Services, and the various activities in which you participate.
. If you are using one of our Services, we will automatically capture certain Non-Personal Information about you and your use of the Service. For example, we automatically recognize and collect:
- Your Internet service provider and domain name;
- Usage and “clickstream” data, which includes the type of device and browsing software you are using and their settings (including language settings), your browser ID, general geographic information derived from your IP address, URL information, the address of the web site from which you linked to a Service, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, any search terms you have entered on the Services or a referral site, and the time stamps of your visits to the Services;
- App data, including counts of the screens and features of the App that are used, the countries from which the App is used, time stamps of uses, device language settings, and the types of devices, operating systems, carriers, IP addresses and wireless connections our users are using to access the App;
- Unique numerical identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages;
- Geolocation information, including precise information about the location of your mobile device, to the extent that such information is provided by your device.
The above are only examples of the types of Non-Personal Information we may collect. The actual types of Non-Personal Information collected depend on the specific product or service you request, the types of transactions you conduct on the Services, and the various activities in which you participate.
We use Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to enhance and customize services and features for you, to improve the Services we provide to you, and to communicate with you.
Registering a profile or participation in surveys or contests is completely voluntary, therefore you have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Where this information is required for participation, and you choose to participate you hereby give consent for the collection of any and all information.
The NDGA uses passive tracking tools to automatically collect Information, such as browser cookies, web beacons, pixels or similar technologies. We collect information about users over time when you use the Services or view our emails. We may also have third parties collect information this way, such as ad networks, web analytics companies, and social networking platforms.
We may collect information from you when you purchase goods and services, make a donation, create an account, or contact us through the Services, or submit an application to play in a championship, or submit an entry to play in a golf outing, or submit a volunteer application, or submit other forms or information through the Services.
We may also receive information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners, service providers, and social media platforms may provide us with information about you.
We combine information. Information obtained through the Services (including both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information) may be combined and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than the Services or at different times, including both offline and online sources and from third parties.
- Marketing Purposes. We may use this information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and/or email address, to contact you and send you information about us, our affiliates, and third party goods, services, and promotions in which we believe you may be interested. We may disclose your information to our agents and service providers who help us contact you for these purposes. In addition, we may disclose your information to our affiliates for their use in contacting you about products, services and promotions in which we believe you might be interested.
- To Comply With Your Requests and Deliver Orders. We may also use and disclose to others (such as our billing service providers, our fulfillment houses and shipping companies) your information, to the extent reasonably necessary, to provide you with the information, opportunities, goods or services you request, such as if you request information about a promotion, order goods or services, or request information from us, or to process your membership application or your registration on our Services if you submit such an application or registration.
a) For example, if you choose to receive information regarding a promotion offered by a third party, we may share your information, such as your name and e-mail address with such third party offering the promotion. For another example, if you request information, or buy products or services through the Site, we may use and disclose this information to others so as to comply with your request (for example, to disclose your information, including your credit card information, to secure payment, by using your email or street address to send you the requested information, product or service, to disclose your email or street address to our mailing, fulfillment and shipping companies so that the requested information, product or service may be sent to you).
- Data Aggregation. We may aggregate your information with the information of others so that you cannot reasonably be identified and we may use and disclose such statistical information for any purpose.
- Site Analytics. We may use your information to help improve the operation of our Site, such as to diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, and to communicate with you with respect to your use of the Site, including, without limitation, to respond to e-mails from you.
- Asset Sale. We may share your information with and transfer it and our rights in it to another entity acquiring all or substantially all of our assets, or the assets of our business units, or that merges with us, which entity would have the right to use and disclose your information as we did.
- Donations. We may use your information to solicit or process donations.
- Golf Events. We may use your information to process entries associated with golf championships or other golf outings.
- Market Research. We may use your information to contact you for market research.
- Security. We may use your information for security purposes (for example, we may use your information to protect the NDGA, our users, employees, sponsors and business partners, donors, and players) and to protect our Site and Services.
- Sharing with Third Parties. We may share your information with: (i) service providers, technical consultants, and vendors who assist us, where such sharing is reasonably necessary to providing you with a requested service or to operating and maintaining the Services (such as web site or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, advertising companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, payment processing companies and other similar vendors and services providers); (ii) our affiliates; (iii) third-party auditors; (iv) an acquirer or successor entity in the event we, or a substantial portion of our assets, undergo a business restructuring, transfer of ownership, or similar transaction.
We will use reasonable precautions to keep the information about you that we have gathered protected from unauthorized use or access. For your safety and security on the Site, we may use security tools and functionality such as encryption, flash objects, firewalls, passwords, or other security features. However, your external email communications with us are not protected by any digital security, and you should assume that such communications are visible by third-parties. No transmission of data over the Internet or method of electronic storage is secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your use of the Services demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from the NDGA. To do so, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
If you wish to stop receiving push notifications through the App, you may change the settings for the App and/or your device.
The precise geographic location of your device may be transmitted to our servers in real time any time that the App is running (even if you are not actively using the App or it is minimized on your device). You may stop allowing us to have access to your device’s location information by accessing the App’s location settings on your device and setting your device not to share its location with us.
Please note that the NDGA is not responsible for removing your information from third party lists or databases. You can restrict the use of certain of your information by certain direct mail companies by contacting: Mail Preference Service c/o Direct Marketing Association, P.O. Box 9008, Farmingdale, New York 11735-9008.
Any of the Services may contain links, banners, or advertisements to other web sites. When you click on such links, banners, or advertisements, the privacy policies of the web sites to which you are linked and/or their service provider (as applicable) will govern the use of your information collected on such sites. The NDGA does not have access to or control over any technologies or practices that may be used by third parties.
We do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. However, in respect of our users’ right to privacy, we provide the option to block cookies as outlined above.
The Services are intended only for users in the United States of America. By using the Services, you agree and acknowledge that the Services are hosted in the United States and that information collected through the Services (including Personal Information) will be stored and processed in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to such transfer and the application of the laws of the United States, which may not be as protective or comprehensive as those that exist in your home jurisdiction.
- Access. In the event you wish to determine the nature of the information we have collected from or about you, please contact us by sending an email to: email@example.com. Please include your full name, your address, email address, telephone number, and explain the nature of your request. Your request can be as simple as “Please provide me with a summary of the information you have collected from or about me.”
- Updates and Corrections. In addition, if you have corrections or updates to the information we are maintaining about you (your address for example), please help us keep your information accurate by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the corrected information. Please include the information that you are updating or correcting (both old and new) so that we can more easily locate your record and update or correct it properly. Also include a telephone number and email address where we can reach you if we have further questions.
- Opt Out, Deletion or Transfer. In the event that you do not wish us to use and/or disclose your information for Marketing Purposes (as described above), please send us an email at email@example.com and notify us of your request. You can state “Please do not use my information for Marketing Purposes.” Please include in your request your name, address, telephone number and the email address or addresses to which you want your Opt Out request to apply. We will use reasonable efforts to promptly comply with your request. In addition, if you opt out to receive certain information, you may not be able to utilize certain portions of the Site. Additionally, you may request that we delete your information altogether or that we transfer or not transfer it to a third party. Again, we will need your name, address, telephone number, the email address or addresses and the nature of the request. We will endeavor to respond to any of the foregoing within 30 days.
- Questions. If you have questions about the operation of this Site or other matters, please direct them to our attention at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the extent available, you can access, view and change your preferences, profile, and other information by visiting www.ndgolf.org
or emailing email@example.com
The NDGA welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please feel free to contact us by:
: (701) 226-5641
North Dakota Golf Association
725 Riverwood Dr, Bismarck, ND 58504
following the posting of any changes to these terms shall mean that you have accepted those changes.
Bismarck, ND 58504